Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Rand Paul Takes the KTW Challenge!

From Chasing Glenn Beck, a conservative's site!
When I started this little blog last week, I had no idea that the King Wingnut himself would take my advice and keep talking, and talking...

The point isn't that anyone in this country is Hitler...
Good that he got the Godwin's Law thing out of the way right off the bat. Also, remember, this is from a man who would force rape victims to give birth to their rapists' babies, because small government! Or Liberty! Or something.

Preppers beware! The black helicopters drones are coming for you!
If you're going to kill people in America, you need to have rules and we need to know what those rules are. ... I don't want to find out that having seven days worth of food in your house is on the list.
We have over a month's worth of food in our house. Should we be worried?

Anyone have any links to Rand Paul bitching about constitutional rights trampled by King GW Bush, or did his concern over these matters suddenly start in 2009?
I would be here if there was a Republican president doing this.
Paul says he would have voted against the Iraq war. Unfortunately, I can't find any quotes from him standing up against the war at the time, so excuse me if I don't believe him.

Luckily, the guy has a long history of saying ignorant shit, so the odds are good that he'll be keeping me busy here.
Just because a couple people on the Supreme Court declare something to be ‘constitutional’ does not make it so. The whole thing remains unconstitutional. While the court may have erroneously come to the conclusion that the law is allowable, it certainly does nothing to make this mandate or government takeover of our health care right.
Of course, Senator Franklin nails the wingnut, who apparently doesn't have a clue what it means to save more money later by spending some money now.
 SEN. RAND PAUL: Um, I appreciate the great and very, um, I think collegial discussion, And we do have different opinions, you know, some of us believe more in the ability of government to cure problems, and some of us believe more in the ability of private charity to cure these problems. I guess what I still find curious is though that if we are saving money with the 2 billion dollars we spend, perhaps we should give you 20 billion. Is there a limit? Where would we get to? How much money should we give you in order to save money so if we spend federal money to save money, where is the limit? I think we could reach a point of absurdity. Thank you. 
SEN. AL FRANKEN: I think you just did...

No comments:

Post a Comment