Saturday, March 2, 2013

Keep Talking, Wingnuts Inaugural Post Subject is a Wingnut Favorite

For the most part, I plan to let the wingnuts talk for themselves on this blog. I have no need to take extra time from my day to mock the idiotic statements from Republicans, Libertarians, and various other shades of wingnut Galtian Overlords. I have other media from which to do that. The things I post here will be actual quotes from actual wingnuts that don't need any dissection or additional commentary. They will be sparkling gems from Winglandia that shine brilliantly with even the slightest touch of soft fill light.

I've been toying with this idea for a while now, adding #KeepTalkingWingnuts to various tweets and posts, but  the horrific red tide of stupid kept coming in so hot and heavy that I figured I really needed a place to collect and share the vast steaming pile of offal that comes pouring out of their mouths on a regular basis.

So, without further ado, here's Celeste Greig, the head of the largest GOP volunteer organization in California, on the GOP's favorite topic:


Greig was in the midst of criticizing former Missouri U.S. Senate candidate Todd Akin for saying that victims of "legitimate rape" rarely get pregnant because "the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down." It was a remark that many believe led not only to his defeat in November but also helped tarnish the Republican brand around the country. 
"That was an insensitive remark," Greig said. "I'm sure he regretted it. He should have come back and apologized." 
Greig, however, went on to say [emphasis mine, because: Keep Talking, Wingnut!]: "Granted, the percentage of pregnancies due to rape is small because it's an act of violence, because the body is traumatized. I don't know what percentage of pregnancies are due to the violence of rape. Because of the trauma the body goes through, I don't know what percentage of pregnancy results from the act."

2 comments:

  1. Shorter Celeste Greig: "Todd Akin was insensitive. Now watch me hit this drive!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I support your goal I fear the cumulative storage capacity of the InterWebs could be exceeded in a matter of weeks if not days...

    ReplyDelete